Hot temperatures, blowing wind, and extreme weather can take quite a toll on a roof in Arizona. While most tile, shingle, and flat roof surfaces are made with durable materials, eventually they will wear thin. When it does, damage ranging from mild to extreme can occur. For those situations when you’ve discovered a roof leak, cracked or missing tiles or shingles, or any form of roof damage, working with a reliable, trustworthy, and experienced roof repair expert in Arizona can make the all the difference. This is why many residential and commercial customers depend on AZ Roofing Works for their roof repairs.
Our team of licensed, insured and bonded roofing experts always act in a professional manner, focus on quality with all roofing repairs, completely clean up when we are finished, and always in a safe and efficient manner. AZ Roofing Works is based in Mesa, but provides roofing repairs for residential and commercial customers in multiple Phoenix metro area cities including:
- Roof Repairs in Mesa
- Roof Repairs in Chandler
- Roof Repair in Scottsdale
- Roof Repair in Tempe
- Roof Repair in Gilbert
- Roof Repair in Phoenix
We work with home owners, commercial building owners, and real estate professionals throughout the Phoenix Valley, including this satisfied customer:
“Austin was great to work with! Fair pricing & fast, quality work, great customer service – I couldn’t be happier as a customer. Working with them was completely hassle free which was really helpful during a stressful rainy season roof leak. Hopefully I won’t need to use their services again but if so, I’ll be back in a flash!
– Cassie B.”
Tile Roof Repair
When properly installed, and when using high-quality materials, a tile roof can last more than 50 years. However, there are times when supporting roof materials in Arizona – especially the underlayment will become damaged due to cracks in tile, poor craftsmanship, or inferior materials used during installation. Specially, there are three main sources of tile roof damage here in the Phoenix valley:
- Cracked & Sliding Tiles: When tiles become cracked either due to age or exposure to the elements, it can expose the underlayment and cause damage which can lead to leaks.
- Corrosion: Excessive winds we experience in the Phoenix Valley can cause some tile roof materials to wear thin. When they are damaged, they will likely require replacement to avoid damage to the underlayment.
- Edging Damage: The roof edging is designed to protect the underlayment, roof deck, and other softer materials underneath the tiles. If the edging is damaged, excessive water damage can occur during monsoon season storms.
Shingle Roof Repair
Older homes in Arizona commonly use shingle roofing. Shingle roofs are also popular on apartment buildings, and some commercial properties. Shingle roofing was popular in the 1980’s and earlier due to its affordability and simplicity to install. However, they don’t typically last long, and due to extreme weather, they can wear prematurely, become damaged and require shingle roof repair in Phoenix. Here are a few common types of shingle roof damage:
- Curling or Buckled Shingles: Shingles are made from flexible materials that can literally buckle or warp when they become too hot. This opens the underlayment to exposure, causing leaks, and additional damage to the roof.
- Granule Loss: When shingles become aged the material of the shingle wears thin, which again exposes the underlayment and softer roofing materials to exposure and may result in severe roof damage.
- Reduced Ventilation: A shingle roof includes carefully placed ventilation sources which allows air to flow in and out of the attic on a consistent basis. If the attic does not ventilate properly, it can damage the roof from underneath – leading to leaks. If caught early, the damage can be repaired in some cases.
- Missing Shingles: When shingles become loose, they can either fall of naturally or be blown off when the winds pick up.
Flat / Foam Roof Repair
The flat roofing surface has been around for centuries in the Southwestern United States but has gained momentum in recent years as a stylish roof design. Beyond the aesthetic appeal, flat roofing and some of the materials used in its construction can be exceptionally energy efficient. However, like any other roof, some common issues can lead to flat roof repairs. Here are a few of the most popular issues that cause damage to a flat roof.
- Ponding Water: While they are designed to appear flat, these types of roofs are built with multiple points of drainage that helps to expedite the removal of standing water. However, if the drainage is blocked or when water pools in locations over time, it can cause membrane damage, leading to leaks or other sources of roof damage.
- Cracked Membrane: While several foam roofing materials are nearly impervious to water leaks, some flat roof surfaces require the installation of a membrane. However, over time it can wear thin, become torn or cracked and cause damage.
- Edge Damage: The edging on a flat roof is just as critical for protecting the underlayers and foundation. When it’s bent or damaged, it can cause water to leak underneath.
Whether you live near ASU, off the 101 or I-10 – our team of passionate and experienced professional roofers will cater to your needs. Our dedication to craftsmanship, getting the job done right – the first time, and our dedication to open and clear communication are trademarks of AZ Roofing Works. We offer Experience You Can Trust – and we offer FREE roof estimates all the way to full roof replacements and everything in between.
AZ Roofing Works is a Licensed, Bonded & Insured Roofing Company located in Mesa, Arizona. We are the preferred Residential & Light Commercial Tile, Shingle, Foam & Flat Roof Repair and Roof Replacement company serving the Greater Phoenix Arizona area.
Why AZ Roofing Works? Because our team has Experience You Can Trust!
Submit A Free Estimate Request here
- Call (602) 283-3383
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit Contact Request
If you are in need of any light commercial or residential roofing services in Mesa, Chandler, Scottsdale or any other Metro Phoenix location, AZ Roofing Works is ready to help you! Contact us today, either online or call our office directly at (602) 283-3383.
You can also submit A Free Estimate Request now!
We look forward to serving you.